The prestigious Maryland Jockey Club was founded in Annapolis, Maryland in 1743. It consists of the following racing properties: Pimlico Race Course, Laurel Park, and the Bowie Training Center.
Pimlico Race Course
imlico Race Course is home of the world-famous Preakness Stakes, the middle jewel of Thoroughbred horse racing’s Triple Crown. Pimlico Race Course opened on October 25, 1870. The first running of the Preakness Stakes was in 1873.
The Preakness is viewed annually by millions of people around the world and is run each year on the third Saturday in May, drawing more than one hundred thousand fans who come to watch and wager.
Laurel Park is one of America’s most storied race tracks and has been operating for a century. Laurel Park is located between Baltimore and Washington, DC, approximately 30 miles from Pimlico.